Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Enjoy being where the action is? Then this is the position for you!
Working in an Agile/Scrum environment with automation tools, you will be developing test code that detects deficiencies in and helps to improve Sciemetric. In this role you will leverage your exceptional programming skills to help us automate parts of our manual test suites in order to make our test effort more efficient and effective.
- Translating stories, and test requirements into meaningful functional specifications.
- From the functional specification you will create a design that outlines how the automation test code will be implemented.
- Once all plans and designs have been reviewed and approved the incumbent will begin writing automation test code.
- Build and overall automation test suite with a goal of 90%+ automated test coverage
- Meeting schedules: plan, document and execute deliverables using agile process to define tasks and estimates for sprints and scrum activities
- Minimize test code defects thorough n/unit testing (where possible and if necessary), code reviews, project reviews at key milestones.
- Managing test code through source control
- Complying with documented processes and best practices in keeping with internal and external standards (ISO 9001 certified)
- The incumbent will also be required to fix bugs on existing Sciemetric software.
- Debug code to assess root cause of the software issue.
- Fix software issue and have the code reviewed by the Software Manager.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills. (Automated test code, C# andC++)
- Well organized with good planning and design skills.
- Knowledge of agile development practices.
- Commitment to timelines, estimates, budgets and risks, bottom line keep projects running on time
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and resourcefully get things done
- Ability to learn and absorb new technologies quickly (self-learner/self-starter)
Must Have Knowledge of:
- Test automation development skills
- Plan, design and develop.
- Creation of automation test frame work.
- Use of standard automaton tools, example SmartBear’s Test Complete.
Apply for this position at email@example.com