Product Marketing Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Pioneers in big data analytics and connecting the smart factory, Sciemetric is developing exciting new software and solutions to lead the way in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Manufacturing 4.0. An established company with over 35 years of business, offices around the world and a customer list of names such as Ford, Caterpillar, Hewlett-Packard, Honda, Jaguar Land Rover, and John Deere, Sciemetric is an experienced organization with a start-up vibe. Be a part of a dynamic team where your contributions will be seen and make a difference.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to bring these new products to market and drive their adoption. Managing the global product strategy, he/she will analyze and define product positioning, market segments and other requirements to ensure successful product performance throughout their lifecycles. As the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, the Product Marketing Manager transfers knowledge to the various sales channels. The individual will be the company’s source for market information and will apply this knowledge in sales tools and customer-facing documents. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in marketing industrial software products, including key trends, cloud-based solutions and revenue models.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Sciemetric products from competitive offerings
- Work with Product Management and Development to determine which products or product features get built
- Plan marketing efforts to maintain demand through the product lifecycle
- Track the contribution of the products to Sciemetric’s business: revenue, growth, ROI, profitability, market penetration
- Conduct market analysis to define vertical markets, market segments, target customers, their requirements and plans to reach them through marketing efforts
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Identify the requirements for and oversee the creation of the appropriate collateral and marketing material
- Monitor markets and product features to ensure product remains viable and competitive and that messaging and positioning are still appropriate to differentiate from competitors
- Identify and develop partnerships and alliances to get products to market
- Be the go-to person for Sales for information, demos, etc.
- Engineering degree (electrical or controls preferred)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in technical product marketing of software solutions for manufacturing or related fields
- Some experience with hardware products would be considered an asset.
- Experience in market analysis, definition and segmentation
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Very strong written communication skills
- Experience working with sales, customers, and market influencers to gather insights.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, test and instrumentation systems and product quality assurance
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org